Friday, September 13, 2013

INTERNSHIP

Our Course was obliged to have a 960 hours of internship including 200 hours for Community Internship, 200hours for Hospital Internship, 200 hours for Manufacturing Internship and 360 hours for the Specialization :-)

Our School sent us into different pharmacies, hospitals and manufacturing industries for our Internship. I was able to have my Internship in the said areas and it really helps me to become more knowledgeable and be aware of the certain circumstances and scenarios that happens in the Pharmacy World. 

COMMUNITY PHARMACY

I had my Community Pharmacy Internship at Grace Pharmacy Bacolod City Branch 8. My Pharmacist is Ms. Norlyn Sipole and she was able to impart enough knowledge in the community pharmacy. She taught me different counselling styles. I was able to encounter patients also in the pharmacy.







Norlyn Sipole, RPh, My Pharmacist incharge

HOSPITAL INTERNSHIP

I had my Hospital Internship at Bacolod Adventist Medical Center. I had encountered there a serious type of patients who are all hospital based. I was able to dispensed different medications which are not common in community Pharmacy. Vials, Dextrose, Toxoids, are dispensed. Being a Hospital Intern is not easy for we have to adjust our time especially forour night duties. We have to work at around 10pm up to 6am, or so-called graveyard shift. 





Mis Luz is our Chief Pharmacist


MANUFACTURING PHARMACY

Our Manufacturing Pharmacy Internship is the most memorable. Pascual Laboratories, Inc is one of the best Manufacturing Industry in the Philippines. 20 students were chosen to be an intern of the said industry and I'm one of them. It was very a good opportunity for us because we are really able to introduced in the different zones in the Manufacturing Firm. We had our random rotations in every departments. It was a great privileged to produce different products from Pascual Lab.





UNO-R Pharmacy Pasucal Interns


Pascual Laboratories Inc., Bulacan

As of Now our Specialization is on-going process. I'm looking forward for another Internship that could prepare me to reality.








2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a 3rd year pharmacy student from Centro Escolar University Manila. I have read your blog and was curious about the pascual laboratories. I plan on taking my manuf internship there but I don't know how to process my application. We are not facilitated this time in manuf internship just like our internships in community and hospital, I guess its their way of instilling into us the sense of responsibility and independence.
    How did you get to do your internship in pascual?(Process of Application)
    How's your experience there?
    Do you have duty during holidays?
    Hope you can answer my questions. Thank you very much in advance. I'm sorry for bothering asking these questions. hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really useful and infirmative post you have shared. Thanks for sharing this.
    We have provided a complete research report on DNA Repair Genes. Check it once.

    ReplyDelete